Simple Oat Bran Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups Oat Bran hot cereal uncooked
- ¼ cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk ( 2% or skim )
- 2 Egg Whites, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray the bottoms with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the brown sugar and mix well.
- Separately mix together the milk, brown sugar, egg whites, molasses, and oil.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Fill prepared cups ¾ full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown.
- In this batch, I added 1/2 cup of frozen elderberries because I had them on hand.
- You can do the same using blueberries or raisins if you choose.