Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, celery, green peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
- Drain the fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If Sloppy Joe mixture seems a little too juicy continue simmering uncovered till it thickens to the consistency you desire.
- Serve on a fresh or toasted bun topped with a slice of Provolone Cheese.