Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak Tip Stew for Two
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces small red potatoes (skin on cut into about 1-inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak tips (cut into 1 ½ inch pieces)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas (I forgot to put the peas in the dish when I prepared it, and it was still super good, so I will list the peas as optional)
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, tomato paste, garlic, and thyme. Microwave for about 1 minute stirring occasionally; pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Mix in the beef broth, potatoes, carrots, tapioca, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the meat into the mixture, cover, and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or until meat is tender. (4 – 5 hours on high)
- Using a large spoon scoop any excess fat off the top. Add the peas and let sit for about 5 minutes for peas to get heated through.
- Serve hot.