Slow Cooker Vesuvio Recipe
- 1 pound new red potatoes (quartered)
- 1 small onion (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 red pepper (cut into strips)
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 6 – 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup zesty Italian dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Arrange the red potatoes, onion, and red pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the garlic and arrange the chicken thighs on top.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the zesty Italian dressing, lemon juice, and flour; pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 -7 hours, or until chicken is done, and vegetables are tender. Add the frozen peas and continue cooking until peas are heated through.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.