Strawberry Swirl Cake Recipe With Sour Cream Frosting
- 1 package 2 layer white cake mix.
- 1 small package Jello-Strawberry gelatin.
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream.
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub 8 oz. cool whip
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 – 9inch cake pans.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on the package.
- Pour half the batter into a medium bowl and mix in the dry Jello until well blended.
- Spoon half of the white batter, and half of the strawberry batter, side by side- into each cake pan.
- Swirl the batters together using a teaspoon
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool thoroughly.
- Frosting Directions
- Mix sour cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Cover the first cake layer with ½ the frosting. Top with 1 cup of strawberries.
- Place the remaining cake layer on top and finish with the frosting on the top and side of the cake.
- Top with the remaining strawberries.