I was so excited when I was chosen by Glam and Hebrew National hot dogs to host a hot dog party. All Hot Dogs are not created equal, and it doesn’t matter how good the hot dog recipe is; if you don’t have a good all beef hot dog when you create it, you may not like the results. Hebrew National Prides itself on being made with premium cuts of 100 percent kosher beef.
In my opinion they lived up to their name. The quality was excellent, and combined with the Three of the Best Hot Dog Recipes below where delicious. Usually when we have hot dogs at a party or cook out I will concentrate on one Hot Dog Recipe, but I took this opportunity to present all three. The Chicago Style Hot Dog Recipe is my son’s favorite because it is covered with delicious condiments, my Wife loves the Nacho Dogs Recipe, because of the homemade Guacamole topping, combined with the sliced pickled jalapeno slices. For me I like all three, but the Frito Dogs recipe is my favorite. The combination of a good hot dog, grilled, than covered with chili, cheese, and corn chips, is an excellent combination.
I have created all three recipes in recipe format so you can print them all, or just one at a time as you choose.
With the 4th of July coming up get prepared to fire up the grill, or lite a camp fire –get yourself some good quality Hot Dogs like Hebrew National, and give one, or all Three of the Best Hot Dog Recipes a try.
Hebrew National is also sponsoring a Facebook photo contest called “Snap & Share” giving you a chance to win a weekly grocery store gift card prize for all their summer BBQ needs. There’s also a grand prize ball game trip to New York City for two! Click Here for Details and to Enter.
Nacho Dogs Recipe
4 all beef hot dogs
4 hot dogs buns
1 (9 ounce) container nacho cheese dip
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
Pickled jalapeno slices
Ingredients for Guacamole-
2 ripe avocados (flesh scooped out and pitted)
1/4 cup cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 garlic clove (minced)
Salt (to taste)
1. For the guacamole- using a large bowl add avocados. Add lime juice, and mash together with a fork. Stir in garlic, cilantro, and salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Step 2: Heat an outdoor grill or over a camp fire (or in indoor grill pan) cook hot dogs until they are slightly charred on the outside.
3. Heat nacho cheese dip according to package directions.
Step 3: Place hot dog buns onto the grill and grill until lightly toasted. Place grilled hot dogs onto the buns. Top with nacho cheese, guacamole, onion, salsa, and jalapeno slices.
Frito Dogs Recipe
8 all beef hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
1 (15 ounce) can chili (with beans)
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups Frito chips (crushed)
Pickled jalapeno slices
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat cook the chili so heated through. Keep warm.
2. Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill (you can also use an indoor grill pan or op[en fire). Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place hot dogs onto the grill and grill until they are slightly charred on the outside.
3. Place hot dog buns onto the grill cut side down and grill until lightly toasted.
4. Place hot dogs onto the buns. Top with chili, shredded cheese, pickled jalapeno slices, and crushed Frito chips.
Chicago Style Hot Dogs Recipe
1 all-beef hot dog
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 poppy seed hot dog bun
1 tablespoon sweet green pickle relish
1 tablespoon onion (chopped)
4 tomato wedges
1 dill pickle spear
2 sport peppers
1. Cook hot dog on grill or over open fire. Move them to a warming rack or warming oven. (The original Chicago styled is boiled for about 5 minutes)
2. Place hot dog on a steamed bun. Add condiments in this specific order- yellow mustard, relish, onion, tomato wedges, dill pickle spear, and celery salt. The tomatoes should be placed between the hot dog and the top of the bun. The dill pickle spear should be placed between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun.
Note: Sport peppers and poppy seed buns can be very hard to find-I substitute Sweet Banana Wax Peppers and it works out very well.
Hebrew National tastes great because, for more than 100 years, we’ve adhered to the highest quality standards. Hebrew National all-beef franks contain no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no by-products, and no fillers. That’s our guarantee. They are made with premium cuts of 100% pure kosher beef and provide premium taste and high quality every time, for any occasion.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hebrew National via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hebrew National.