Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb chopped bacon (place bacon in the freezer for 20 minutes to ease chopping)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Soak beans overnight, drain and rinse.
- Cook Beans in 8 cups of water for 1 hour or until tender.
- Drain Beans and place in the Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients to the beans in a Dutch oven. Bake covered at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Remove cover for last 15 minute Let stand for 20 minutes to allow for sauce to thicken.
- Taste and add salt if desired.