Baked Haddock Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 4 haddock fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a shallow dish whisk together the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and thyme. (Pie dish works great for this)
- Pour the milk into a medium size bowl and mix in the salt.
- Pat the fish dry with paper toweling, dip in the milk mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs putting a little pressure on the fillets to coat the fish.
- Place the fillets in a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray-melt the butter and drizzle it over the top of the fish.
- Bake until the fish is done and flakes easily. (15-20 minutes-Haddock is pretty thick so I used an instant-read thermometer for a temp. of 145F.)