Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1 pie shell, baked (9 inches)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- You can use a bake or no-bake pie crust for this recipe. Prepare the crust before you start the pie filling.
- Slice the bananas and place evenly in pie shell
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt, stir in milk and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks. Return all to saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
- Add butter and vanilla- mix well and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour Pudding like mixture over Bananas.
- Let Cool-Top with Whip Cream or Cool Whip.