I was looking for a quick and simple supper recipe to prepare after a long day. This Breaded Pork Chops Recipe seemed to fit the bill pretty well. There is very little prep time involved, just a few ingredients, and the chops cook quickly.
(You do have to allow 1 hour for the chops to chill)
If you’re looking for a simple and quick supper recipe, give this one a try; it’s really good.
Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter (melted)
- In a medium size bowl mix together the egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and vinegar. Place the flour in a shallow dish like a pie plate. In another shallow dish whisk together the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Roll each chop in the flour, dip chops into the egg mixture, and then roll in the bread crumbs pressing lightly to coat. Place the chops on a platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. Arrange chops in pan and drizzle chops with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes and juices run clear (internal temperature of 145F.)
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook