Brown-Sugar-Glazed Winter Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash or buttercup squash (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Lightly spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray. Place oven rack at the upper-middle position, place an empty baking sheet in the oven and preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place squash on the baking sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until flesh is tender. ( a fork inserted in the skin should go easily in)
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.
- Flip squash to cut side up and using a pastry brush generously coat with the brown sugar butter mixture.
- Switch the oven to broil, and broil until squash starts to brown and a glaze is formed.