When I saw this Chili Beef and Noodles Recipe the first thing that came to my mind was Chili Mac because of the use of the chili seasoning and pasta; but it is quite a bit different. The combination of flavors seems to kind of balance between chili and pasta sauce but you could easily sway it one way or another by increasing or decreasing some of the seasoning. This is a simple recipe and you can have dinner on the table in less than an hour. I thought for a one dish recipe, that this Chili Beef and Noodles Recipe was pretty good; my wife loved it, and is looking forward to having it again.
I you in need for a quick one dish meal, or just want to try something a little different, give this Chili Beef and Noodles Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (about 1 cup finely chopped-divided)
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 8 ounces of wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- In a large skillet brown the burger and 3/4 cup onion. Drain if necessary.
- Mix in the tomato puree, celery, flour, salt, chili powder, steak sauce, and bouillon cubes.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. While the meat sauce is cooking; cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Serve with the meat sauce over the noodles garnished with the left over onion and shredded cheddar cheese.