Chop Suey Recipe
- 5–6 pork steaks ( in this recipe I used boneless pork chops)
- 1 medium onion- sliced lengthwise into long slivers
- 3 stalks celery-thinly sliced
- 8 oz package of whole mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter-melted in with the oil
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained (28 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 can chicken broth (14 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- The ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut pork into ½ to 1-inch cubes
- Brown the cubed pork in a large fry pan or wok in the oil and butter.
- Add the Onions, celery, and mushrooms. Season with the white pepper.
- Cook over medium heat till about tender-crisp.
- Add the broth, bean sprouts, soy sauce, and molasses. Simmer for 1 hour to blend the flavors or until the pork is tender.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together to create the thickening and mix it into the Chop Suey to thicken it.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy