They needed some help at the church again and I was asked if I could contribute a dish, and this Classic Italian Macaroni Salad Recipe was it. I was pinched for time and it was short notice so this recipe worked out fine. It doesn’t require a lot of prep or cooking time and it is a very simple recipe to prepare. This recipe really creates a nice looking and very colorful salad due to the rainbow pasta, tomatoes, and peppers. If you need a larger recipe just double or triple the amount of ingredients. The next time you have a pot luck or need to bring a dish to a get together give this Classic Italian Macaroni Salad Recipe a try; the guests will love it. Enjoy
|Classic Italian Macaroni Salad Recipe||
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound cups rainbow Rotini pasta
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (seeds removed)
- 1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water, and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, black pepper,Basil, and garlic until well blended.
- Mix together the pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and olives; fold gently until mixed, then add the dressing mix prepared in step 2.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for several hours.