Crock Pot Pepper Steak Recipe
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- garlic powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz package of portabella mushrooms-sliced
- Sprinkle steak strips with garlic powder to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved.
- Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles