Crusted Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts half’s (about 2–3 pounds)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon (to use for lemon zest (chopped)- and lemon juice)(lemon zest optional)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Prepare the lemon by making the lemon zest; juice 1/ 2 the lemon and set aside.
- Using a wide shallow dish, such as a pie dish, whisk together the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Using another wide dish mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Pound the chicken breast to obtain about the equal thickness for each breast. (I fold them in plastic wrap or a disposable plastic bag to do this; it works really well.)
- Roll chicken in the egg white mixture, and then in the bread crumbs; place on a plate or serving platter and let rest refrigerated for about 20 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking casserole dish with cooking spray. Using the oil in a large skillet brown the chicken on both sides; transfer to the casserole dish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until juices run clear. (internal temperature should be 165F.)