Lemon chicken has always been a favorite dish in this house so I decided to put this Crusted Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe on the menu. This is a simple recipe that is quick to put together and doesn’t require a lot of cooking time.
I decided to list the lemon zest as optional in the recipe because the lemon is a very dominant ingredient. However, I did use the lemon zest when I prepared this recipe and my wife said for her the lemon flavor was perfect.
The next time you decide to have chicken for supper put this Crusted Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe on the menu; it’s a healthy and good tasting dinner choice that you and your family will love. EnjoyPrint
Crusted Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 3–4 boneless skinless chicken breasts half’s (about 2–3 pounds)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon (to use for lemon zest (chopped)- and lemon juice)(lemon zest optional)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Prepare the lemon by making the lemon zest; juice 1/ 2 the lemon and set aside.
- Using a wide shallow dish, such as a pie dish, whisk together the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Using another wide dish mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Pound the chicken breast to obtain about the equal thickness for each breast. (I fold them in plastic wrap or a disposable plastic bag to do this; it works really well.)
- Roll chicken in the egg white mixture, and then in the bread crumbs; place on a plate or serving platter and let rest refrigerated for about 20 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking casserole dish with cooking spray. Using the oil in a large skillet brown the chicken on both sides; transfer to the casserole dish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until juices run clear. (internal temperature should be 165F.)