If you have rabbit meat available you will really enjoy this One Dish Roast Rabbit with Vegetables Recipe. The rabbit makes the dish a healthy meat choice, and the vegetables are a delicious added benefit.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep time; it’s just a matter of cutting up the vegetables, tossing them with seasoning, oil, and then placing the vegetables in the roasting topped with the rabbit.
I prepared this recipe using domestic rabbit meat, so if you are using wild rabbit you might want to change the recipe a little.
Give this One Dish Roast Rabbit with Vegetables Recipe a try; it’s really good.Print
One Dish Roast Rabbit with Vegetables Recipe
- 1 rabbit (2 1/2 to 3 pounds cut in pieces)
- 12 ounces small red potatoes (quartered)
- 12 ounces of Brussels sprouts (cleaned and cut in half)
- 8 ounces shallots (peeled and cut in half)
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled and left whole)
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Place the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, shallots, garlic and baby carrots in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 3/ 4 teaspoon salt, sugar and 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper; toss with the vegetable oil to coat the vegetables.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the butter, 1/ 4 teaspoon salt, 1/ 8 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons thyme, and 1 teaspoon rosemary; set aside.
- Pat rabbit pieces dry with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer in a 9 x 13 baking dish placing the Brussels sprouts in the center.
- Place the rabbit pieces over the Brussels sprouts working your way out to the edges of the pan. Brush the rabbit with the herbed butter mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until an internal temperature of the rabbit reaches 165F.