Deep Dark Mocha Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, and vanilla, beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Insert a table knife into the center. When it comes out clean the cakes are done.
- Cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.