Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oat
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, brown sugar, butter/margarine, and oats; set aside 1 cup for the topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- For the pie filling: combine sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan until smooth, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour filling the mixture into crust and top with the 1 cup crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.