Grilled Queso Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds ground round
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces – undrained)
- 6 hamburger buns
- 12 slices bacon (cooked crispy)
- 1 large tomato cut into 6 slices
- Cook bacon until crispy and drain on paper toweling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Divide burger into 6 equal patties about a ½ inch thick; grill burgers to the desired doneness.
- While burgers are grilling, in a microwavable bowl mix together the cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring halfway through the cooking cycle.
- Put burgers together on the buns starting with the burgers, 2 tablespoons of the cheese sauce, 2 slices of bacon, and then a slice of tomato.
- Use the remaining sauce as a dip for chips or fries.