Winter here in Upper Michigan has been really nasty. I finally gave up on waiting for warmer weather and decided to fire up the grill in the subzero temperatures.
This Grilled Queso Burgers recipe is quick and simple to put together. I was looking for something a little different in a grilled burger and this seemed to fit pretty well. I used regular Rotel with green chilies but if you want to turn up the heat you can use the hot version.
Give these Grilled Queso Burgers a try they’re really good.
Grilled Queso Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds ground round
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces – undrained)
- 6 hamburger buns
- 12 slices bacon (cooked crispy)
- 1 large tomato cut into 6 slices
- Cook bacon until crispy and drain on paper toweling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Divide burger into 6 equal patties about a ½ inch thick; grill burgers to the desired doneness.
- While burgers are grilling, in a microwavable bowl mix together the cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring halfway through the cooking cycle.
- Put burgers together on the buns starting with the burgers, 2 tablespoons of the cheese sauce, 2 slices of bacon, and then a slice of tomato.
- Use the remaining sauce as a dip for chips or fries.
Adapted from Walmart