Potato packets are one of my favorite dishes to prepare on the grill. You can put them together and place them off to the side of the grill, while you are grilling the meat. In most cases the potatoes will be done about the same time as the meat or shortly after. This Grilled Sausage Potato Packet Recipe caught my eye because you could use it in a couple of different ways; as a side dish, or as a one dish meal. The potatoes, vegetables and meat are all there. I prepared this recipe as is and it was very good but I am sure you could add additional vegetables, onion, or very the kind of meat to suite your taste. Normally when I do grilled potato packets I will divide them up for the number being served, one each, for family and guests. This Grilled Sausage Potato Packet Recipe does not call for this and as a result it was a little bigger than I care to work with. The next time I will divide it into 4 individual packets. If you are looking for a good side dish the next time you are grilling give this Grilled Sausage Potato Packet Recipe a try, and enjoy.
|Grilled Sausage Potato Packet Recipe||
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans (trimmed and halved)
- 1/2 pound red potatoes (quartered or sliced)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 pound smoked sausage links (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Using a large sheet of foil, place the green beans, red potatoes, onion, and sausage. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oil, then top with butter.
- Tightly seal foil around the ingredients, leaving only a small opening. Pour water into the opening and seal.
- Place packet on the prepared grill. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.