How to Make Pumpkin Puree
- I use sugar pumpkins – they are on the small side so I cut them in half.
- If you are using a larger pumpkin you will want to at least cut it into quarters depending on the size. Remove the seeds.
- Lay the pumpkin pieces flesh side down in a shallow baking pan.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees till tender. About ½ hour to 45 minutes.
- When a fork penetrates through the skin into the pumpkin flesh easily it is done.
- Scoop the pumpkin flesh out with a large spoon while the pumpkin is still warm.
- Process the pumpkin flesh through a blender to create the puree.
- Can or freeze-your choice.