If you are new to Instant Pot this is a great recipe to start with. It doesn’t require many ingredients and cooks quickly.
I used 1 inch thick boneless chops in this recipe so adjust you cooking time a little bit if they are thicker or thinner. I’m sure bone-in chops would work out just as well.
- 4 – 6 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot brown the pork chops on both sides using the oil. Remove chops to a serving platter, pour in the wine, and cook scraping and stirring to deglaze the bottom.
- Place the chops back into the Instant Pot and sprinkle on the ranch seasoning. Set the butter on top and then pour in the broth.
- Seal the lid on and press the pressure cook button, then set the time for 10 minutes.
- Leave the Instant Pot lid on to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes; turn to quick release to release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the chops to a serving platter. Mix the water with the cornstarch, set the Instant Pot on sauté and mix the cornstarch mixture into the broth cooking until thickened to form gravy.
- Pour some of the gravy over the chops and serve the rest over mashed potatoes or hash browns.