Italian Roast Chicken Recipe
- 5–6 pound roasting chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- A ½ cup of butter melted
- Rinse chicken and cavity with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the olive oil on the outside of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt inside and out.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan with a ½ inch of water in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the spices and herbs evenly on the outside of the chicken.
- Roast uncovered at 350 F for about 2 hours or until done. Basting every 30 minutes with melted butter and juice from the chicken.
- Let the chicken sit for about 30 minutes before serving.