Italian Stuffed Shell Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (26 ounces) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 18 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- Cook the shells according to directions on the package.
- In a large fry pan brown the Burger, Onion, and Garlic. Drain and let cool.
- After the burger has cooled combine meat, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, egg, and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix spaghetti sauce with tomato sauce; the cover bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish with 1/4 of the sauce.
- Stuff cooked drained shells with the meat mixture and place on top of sauce in the dish in a row.
- Add red wine to remaining sauce and mix well; cover shells with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- I save a little of the Mozzarella Cheese and use it to garnish the top soon as it comes out of the oven.