Jumbo Blueberry Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated lemon peel)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer beat the eggs, and then mix in the melted butter, buttermilk, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Mix the egg mixture with the flour mixture until combined. (You want this to be just moistened – don’t over mix the batter will be lumpy.) Gently fold in the berries.
- To make the topping mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until crumbly. (Using a fork works well for this to help distribute the butter.)
- Lightly spray a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray, and spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (These muffins are pretty big so I used a wooden skewer to check for doneness.)
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove to a cooling rack to cool, or serve warm with butter.