If you have fresh berries available give this Jumbo Blueberry Raspberry Muffins Recipe a try. Serve them warm with butter, and they’re delicious.
I used fresh blueberries, and raspberries in this recipe, but I am sure any combination of berries would work out just as well.
Take advantage of the berry season and prepare some of these Jumbo Blueberry Raspberry Muffins while you have the chance. Enjoy
Jumbo Blueberry Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated lemon peel)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer beat the eggs, and then mix in the melted butter, buttermilk, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Mix the egg mixture with the flour mixture until combined. (You want this to be just moistened – don’t over mix the batter will be lumpy.) Gently fold in the berries.
- To make the topping mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until crumbly. (Using a fork works well for this to help distribute the butter.)
- Lightly spray a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray, and spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (These muffins are pretty big so I used a wooden skewer to check for doneness.)
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove to a cooling rack to cool, or serve warm with butter.