Brussels sprouts don’t seem to be one of the most popular vegetables in the world, but they are one of my favorites. The combination of maple syrup, vinegar, and butter turn these Brussels sprouts into a delicious side dish.
If you like Brussels sprouts give this Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe a try. You’ll love them.
Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (trimmed and cut in half through the core)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme (minced)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook Brussels sprouts in 1 tablespoon of melted butter until browned. Stir in the thyme, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, and a ½ tablespoon of maple syrup. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until almost tender.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and continue cooking until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add the rest of the butter, maple syrup, and vinegar; salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Adapted from Cooks Country