Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour (divided)
- Oil for pan frying
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl beat or whisk the egg. Add the mashed potatoes, parmesan cheese, and 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Divide the potato mixture into six equal portions and form 6 patties. Roll the patties in the flour to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, using cooking oil, cook patties until lightly browned on both sides.
- Salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.