This is not your typical type of lasagna, but this Mexican Lasagna Recipe is very good. This recipe caught my attention because it calls for oven ready lasagna noodles which I have never used before. I thought this was a good chance to give them a try. They are a little more expensive but if you are tight for time, they can be a real time saver, eliminating the time it takes to precook the noodles. I followed the recipe as is, but there are a number of ways you could fancy it up, such as adding mushrooms or jalapeno peppers to the sauce, or topping it with sliced olives, and diced tomatoes for garish. The next time you are looking for a one dish meal, give this Mexican Lasagna Recipe a try; you and your family will really enjoy it.
|Mexican Lasagna Recipe||
- 1 package oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 24-26 ounce jar of Marinara or pasta sauce
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook ground beef and taco seasoning in a large skillet according to package directions. Mix in the pasta sauce and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and 2 cups of the Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, cover the bottom with 1 cup of the meat and pasta sauce mixture.
- Arrange 4 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping them to fit if necessary. Then top the noodles with 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, and a cup of meat sauce- then repeat for the next layer.
- Top with the remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining meat sauce and Mexican blend style cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover and cook a little longer until cheese is melted. (I held a little of the cheese back and added it at the end of the backing time)
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.