Oven Barbecued Chicken for Two
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- A ½ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the ketchup, water, white vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- in a large skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken in the butter until browned on both sides. Place the chicken in the baking dish.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat cook the onion until soft and lightly browned. Add the barbecue sauce mixture to the skillet, and continue cooking until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve chicken hot with any leftover barbecue sauce from the baking dish.