We were in the mood for barbecued chicken, but it was really windy so I didn’t want to fire up the grill. This Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe looked like a really simple recipe that would not take long to put together, so I decided to give it a try. The homemade barbecue sauce in this recipe is pretty basic, but I thought it was really good.
The next time you’re in the mood for barbecued chicken, but the weather doesn’t permit you to fire up the grill, give this Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe a try. Enjoy
Adapted from TasteofHome Cooks who Care
Oven Barbecued Chicken for Two
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- A ½ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the ketchup, water, white vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- in a large skillet over medium-high heat cook chicken in the butter until browned on both sides. Place the chicken in the baking dish.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat cook the onion until soft and lightly browned. Add the barbecue sauce mixture to the skillet, and continue cooking until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve chicken hot with any leftover barbecue sauce from the baking dish.