I went out of my comfort zone a little bit on this one; however this Seafood Lasagna Recipe is a winner. I can’t really think of anything to compare it to-it has a taste all it own. This is not the tradition type Lasagna Recipe, the combination of seafood and wine compliments each other and it is delicious. I can’t really say this is a simple recipe, it is a little time consuming, but it is well worth the extra time involved. If you are ready for that something a little different, this is a delicious meal your family will love. Enjoy
|Seafood Lasagna Recipe||
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Rogada cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- In a skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg, basil, salt, pepper and wine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, milk, crabmeat, and shrimp.
- Lay 3 cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the onion mixture over the noodles. Then spread 1/3 of the soup mixture over the onion layer. Repeat the noodle, onion, soup layers twice more. Top with Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.