Shrimp and Bacon Pizza Recipe
- 12 ounces of medium shrimp fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen) peeled and deveined with tail removed and cut in half crosswise
- 4 slices bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until about half cooked. Bacon will finish cooking on the pizza in the oven. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper toweling and then in a medium size bowl mix together the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic powder, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a 12-inch pizza pan and spread the crust over the pan, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top, and then spread the shrimp mixture over the top of the cheese followed by the bacon.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes, until the crust, is browned, and the shrimp is done.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve hot.