Bacon seems to go good in almost anything and this Shrimp and Bacon Pizza is no exception. I took a short cut with this one and used store-bought refrigerated pizza dough. This is not your traditional style of pizza with the pizza sauce, which did make me a little uneasy while preparing it.
For some reason omitting the sauce just didn’t seem right – but don’t let this fool you, this Shrimp and Bacon Pizza has a delicious combination of flavors and is really simple to put together.
The next time you put pizza on the supper menu give this Shrimp and Bacon Pizza Recipe a try; it’s delicious. Adapted From Cooks Country Magazine
Shrimp and Bacon Pizza Recipe
- 12 ounces of medium shrimp fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen) peeled and deveined with tail removed and cut in half crosswise
- 4 slices bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until about half cooked. Bacon will finish cooking on the pizza in the oven. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper toweling and then in a medium size bowl mix together the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic powder, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a 12-inch pizza pan and spread the crust over the pan, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top, and then spread the shrimp mixture over the top of the cheese followed by the bacon.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes, until the crust, is browned, and the shrimp is done.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve hot.