Simple Chopped Steak and Gravy Recipe
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 16 ounces of fresh mushrooms sliced or 2 cans
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, finely minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 2-ounce gravy mix, one envelope
- Combine the beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, and onion soup mix in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. Shape into eight 3 1/2 inch patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large skillet brown the patties until golden brown and firm up. Remove them onto a platter.
- In the same skillet sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent.
- Place the chopped steak patties back into the skillet on top of the mushrooms and onions.
- Place the brown gravy mix in a 4 cup or larger measure.
- Add the amount of water called for on the envelopes and whisk until well blended.
- Pour over the chopped steak patties.
- Cooked covered until the patties are done.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes-Enjoy