Simple Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (ground shoulder roast is good)
- 1 slice bread (broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done. 170F with a meat thermometer.