Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pound of beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes. (Instead of buying stew meat I purchased a 2
- pound sirloin roast that was on sale and cubed it myself. You can use any lean beef on sale. If it’s a
- tougher cut it will just take a little longer to cook.)
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package egg noodles (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Place broth, meat, onion, garlic, mushrooms into the slow cooker. Stir in the paprika and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, Dijon mustard, and flour. Add the mixture to the slow cooker, salt, and pepper to taste, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is continuing to cook, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- There are 2 ways you can serve this dish. Serve the meat mixture over the noodles, or mix the meat mixture and noodles together.
Serve hot garnished with the parsley
Serves 6 – 8