This is a simple recipe that saves a lot of time because it cooks all day in the slow cooker. Cook the egg noodles and thicken the sauce at the end of the cooking cycle and it is ready to go on the table.
If you’re looking for a set it and forget it recipe to free up your day – give this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe a try; enjoy
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pound of beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes. (Instead of buying stew meat I purchased a 2
- pound sirloin roast that was on sale and cubed it myself. You can use any lean beef on sale. If it’s a
- tougher cut it will just take a little longer to cook.)
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package egg noodles (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Place broth, meat, onion, garlic, mushrooms into the slow cooker. Stir in the paprika and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, Dijon mustard, and flour. Add the mixture to the slow cooker, salt, and pepper to taste, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is continuing to cook, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- There are 2 ways you can serve this dish. Serve the meat mixture over the noodles, or mix the meat mixture and noodles together.
Serve hot garnished with the parsley
Serves 6 – 8