I guess I’m on a roll with the slow cooker this week. The weather has been really nice here in Upper Michigan, giving me a chance to get a lot of winter preparation done outside. I love using the slow cooker because it frees up a lot of my time.
This Slow Cooker Pork and Beans Recipe doesn’t take much time to put together so you can put it on quickly, and get about doing the things you have to do. This is a one-dish recipe, so outside of shredding the pork, dinner will be ready at the end of the day. I used cayenne pepper in this recipe which can turn up the heat in the dish rather quickly; so be sure to add it to taste.
The next time you have a busy schedule give this one a try. Enjoy
Slow Cooker Pork and Beans Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin (about 3 pounds cut into 2 pieces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cans pork and beans (15 ounces each)
- 1 ½ cups barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the pork roast, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the pork roast pieces into the mixture and cook on low until pork is fork tender. (6-7 hours)
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker. Let the pork cool enough to handle, and separate the pork using 2 forks. Add the pork back into the slow cooker and continue cooking until pork is heated through.
- Serve Hot