Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for Two
- 1 pound ground turkey (not ground turkey breast)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the turkey, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic, and cumin in a large skillet over medium-high heat stirring and breaking the turkey into chunks as it cooks; cook until no longer pink inside.
- Place the burger mix into a slow cooker lightly sprayed with cooking spray and mix in the beans, tomato sauce, chipotle chili, and tomatoes. Season with a ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook covered 4 hours on low. (cooking on low keeps the turkey moist)
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese.