If you’re cooking for two, and in the mood for chili, but you want to get away from the red meat give this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for Two recipes a try.
By slow cooking, the turkey on low the turkey burger stays nice and moist and the flavors blend perfectly. If you are cooking for more people just double the recipe.
Adapted from Cooks Country Cooking for TwoPrint
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for Two
- 1 pound ground turkey (not ground turkey breast)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the turkey, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic, and cumin in a large skillet over medium-high heat stirring and breaking the turkey into chunks as it cooks; cook until no longer pink inside.
- Place the burger mix into a slow cooker lightly sprayed with cooking spray and mix in the beans, tomato sauce, chipotle chili, and tomatoes. Season with a ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook covered 4 hours on low. (cooking on low keeps the turkey moist)
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese.