Serve these Crispy Garlic Chicken Cutlets on a bun with your favorite topping or as a standalone with fries. They are seasoned perfectly with garlic and have a delicious crispy coating. This is a simple recipe but does require a little bit of prep time to prepare the bread crumbs.
Crispy Garlic Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 garlic cloves crushed and peeled
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets (about 1 ¼ pound)
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Place chicken cutlets in a food grade disposable bag. Add the minced garlic and 3 tablespoons of oil to the bag and work with your hands to coat the chicken; place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Tear the bread into large pieces and place in a food processor and process into crumbs. Place crumbs in a pie dish and bake until dry (about 20 minutes)
- Place flour in a shallow dish. In a medium size, bowl whisks the egg whites foamy.
- Let the bread crumbs cool. Mix the cornstarch and garlic powder into the bread crumbs.
- Place a wire rack over a platter. Remove the cutlets from the bag and season with salt and pepper. Roll each cutlet in the flour and then dip them into the egg whites, and then roll them in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Place cutlets on the wire rack and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place ½ cup oil into a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 3 cloves of crushed garlic to the skillet. Cook garlic until golden brown, remove garlic and discard. Cook 3 cutlets at a time until golden brown and done on both sides. Drain the skillet and repeat the process for the remaining three cutlets.
- Serve Hot
Adapted from Cookscountry.com