Strawberry Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 9 in. graham cracker crust
- 1 large banana or 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced
- whipped cream, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Blend together egg yolks and milk.
- Stir small amount of milk mixture into dry ingredients, making a smooth paste.
- Gradually blend in remaining milk mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Allow boiling for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in the bowl of ice or cold water and stirring for a few minutes.
- Arrange Strawberries in the bottom of the pie shell, reserving about 1/4 of them for garnish.
- Pour half of the custard over berries.
- Layer bananas over custard layer and top with remaining custard.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with reserved berries and whipped cream.