It seems like we have Tacos in this house at least once a week. We have no Taco Bell Restaurants close by, so we always make our own. There are so many brands of premade Taco Seasonings in the store; I don’t think I could count them all, and most of them are pretty good. This homemade Taco seasoning recipe is very good, it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and you can make up a large amount ahead of time to have on hand for anytime you need it.
|Taco Seasoning Recipe||
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin, we love cumin- feel free to adjust to your taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano, preferably Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion flakes (minced dried onion) or 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, omit if you like it mild and increase if you like it spicier
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust for your taste the salt helps to keep it fresh when storing
- Mix all spices together.
- Store in airtight container and it will keep for 6 months to a year.
- teaspoons of this spice mix is the equivalent of one 1.25 oz packet of store bought taco seasoning.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of 4 spice packets.