Western Hot Dogs Recipe
- 2/3 cup barbeque sauce (divided)
- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 6 slices white American cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon (cook until just crispy)
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 6 hot dog buns
- Preheat and prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay the buns cut side down on the grill, and grill the buns until lightly toasted. Flip the buns and transfer them to a warming rack or cool side of the grill. Center 1 slice of cheese on each bun.
- Reserve 6 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, for topping the hotdogs, after they are grilled.
- Place the hotdogs on the grill and brush them with barbeque sauce. Roll them occasionally coating them with additional sauce until hotdogs are heated through.
- Place hotdogs in buns along with 1 slice of bacon. Top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce and 2 tablespoons of French fried onions.