I was looking for a good side dish go go with a fish fry for supper. I was looking around on my sons blog and thought this Crunchy Potato Recipe Casserole Recipe looked really good.
No surprise here it was delicious!! You can view the original recipe here.
- 2 pounds frozen southern style hash browns
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread the frozen potatoes in the bottom of a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Pour ¼ cup of the melted butter over the potatoes and spread the soup mixture over the top.
- In a medium size bowl mix the remaining butter into the cornflakes and spread the mixture over the casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking until cornflakes start to brown and potatoes are done.