When I am grilling if at all possible I like to prepare the whole meal on the grill. It saves some time and dishes. This Italian Grilled Potato Packet Recipe is a delicious combination that goes great with any grilled meat. This recipe makes 4 small size packets, but we have some big eaters here and it turns out that this Italian Grilled Potato Packet Recipe is just right for 2 of us. It calls for 1 pound of potatoes so use your own judgment. The next time you fire up the grill give this Italian Grilled Potato Packet Recipe a try along with your favorite grilled chicken, beef, or pork recipe. Enjoy
|Italian Grilled Potato Packet Recipe||
- 1 pound red potatoes (sliced)
- 6 ounces (sliced) whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium red, yellow and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup (chopped) fresh parsley
- 1 to 1- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian seasoning (sprinkled on top to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear off four 24×18-inch pieces of heavy foil. Fold each piece in half to make a double thickness of foil that measures 18×12 inches; set aside.
- Divide vegetables and parsley among foil pieces, placing in center; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. For each packet, bring together 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to enclose the vegetable mixture, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place on grill racks over medium for 40-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. I just place these on the grill when I start grilling the meat-they are usually done about the same time depending on how thick you sliced the potatoes. If you are grilling seafood or something that cooks really fast you might want to start them a little ahead of time.